[extropy-chat] From soy & lentils to Soylent specials

Lifespan Pharma Inc. megao at sasktel.net
Fri Aug 19 16:20:38 UTC 2005

There is a smarter way.
Implant each bovine etc with a chip that overrides their nervous system and
use the energy efficiencies of nature but reduce the inefficiencies of
field and feedlot stresses.

"ROBOCHICKEN" or "COWBORG"

Bioharmaceuticals are now being seen as cheaper to produce in the
"field" than in the factory.

Ditto with livestock.

Too busy to discuss now but put the question to me in all its details as
I think of all those here
I can give the ag perspective to the tech proposal.

This is a complex area (in the real world setting) and requires much
more detailed exchanges.

However I think you might be overlooking the most efficient food source
insects.
Converting grain to protein via "Beetlebread"  was done years ago at the
University of Montreal.
Getting anyone to eat the result was a totally different issue.

Insects could  be raised in a factory just fine and perhaps
bioengineered to produce just about any type
of protein or complex foodstuff.

It looks like the days of ocean scum and insect based foods are a
logical thing to plan for.

"Pharmer Mo"