[extropy-chat] Exhibitionism (no, not THAT kind)

Natasha Vita-More natasha at natasha.cc
Sun Aug 21 01:56:23 UTC 2005

What does this post have to do with extropy or transhumanism?  If anything,
I think this post is in bad taste.

My my personal view.

Natasha

At 03:30 PM 8/20/2005, you wrote:
>The Cindy Sheehan Show outside of Crawford Texas displayed an
>exhibitionist streak in America, in this case Grieving Angry Mommy Sobbing
>On TV. It wasn't Cindy's deceased son Casey who starred in the show-- it
>was his very alive and kicking mother: "How could Bush do this to my son
>Casey?", not Casey Sheehan but rather "my SON Casey Sheehan".
>In Tom Wolfe's 'The Electric Kool Aid Acid Test' Ken Kesey leads a few of
>his friends to an antiwar protest preceding a march and then goes on a
>platform to the microphone in front of a large crowd: "You're playing
>their game by marching, people have been marching for thousands of years
>and still there is war", says kesey to audience, "And what are you saying
>when you yell out loud for peace? You are saying, Me! ME! look at ME!".
>Cindy Sheehan fits this like a glove, she is saying 'look at me! I was
>just another grieving mother before, and now I'm a celebrity grieving
>mother! Look at me! ME! Look at ME!'
>

><http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=34442/*http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs>Start your
>day with Yahoo! - make it your home page

<http://www.natasha.cc/>Natasha <http://www.natasha.cc/>Vita-More
Cultural Strategist, Designer
Studies of the Future, University of Houston
President, <http://www.extropy.org/>Extropy Institute
Founder, <http://www.transhumanist.biz/>Transhumanist Arts & Culture

Knowledge is the most democratic source of power.  Alvin Toffler
Random acts of kindness... Anne Herbet