[extropy-chat] Real estate as an extropian investment

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Mon Aug 22 10:28:07 UTC 2005

On Aug 21, 2005, at 4:15 PM, Rik van Riel wrote:

> On Sun, 21 Aug 2005, Mike Lorrey wrote:
>

>> The future financial problems of social security, medicare and
>> medicaid, are all because people are living longer, increasing the
>> years they receive benefits by 2-3 times.
>>

>> I expect that true longevity treatment technology will be held in
>> limbo
>> by the FDA and other governments health ministries until after the
>> baby
>> boom is mostly dead and buried.
>>

> How about free longevity treatment for the old, but only
> for the people who haven't gone into retirement yet?
>
> You get to choose between longevity and retirement...

Why this distinction?  Many "retired" people are only retired from
needing a paycheck.  They are active on their own projects.  Even if
they are not so active many are not active because their bodies don't
easily support them being more active.  Assuming longevity includes
some degree of rejuvenation, why should it be denied to those whir
physically most need it?

- s