[extropy-chat] Real estate as an extropian investment

Bret Kulakovich bret at bonfireproductions.com
Mon Aug 22 20:04:05 UTC 2005

well, not if it illustrates that the chain of expense doesn't/
shouldn't fall back onto the same group supporting the retirees. Rob
got it.

Rik and Mike both continued in the notion that this system would
provide a choice to those about to retire - but what choice do those
have that are supporting the system? If a discovery is made this
year, and this system implemented next - would you want _your taxes_
paying for the rejuvenation of the elderly? If they are
'contributing' - then this is a problem indeed, because they should
and could provide this themselves. And how could we guarantee that if
we were doing this in 2006, that I would still 'get my social
security' in 30 years and be rejuvenated as well?

As for my franchise quip - it's one of Heinlein's ideas, and if
anyone wrote a lot about longevity and rejuvenation processes, it was
RAH.

Sorry to disturb you I guess!

]3