[extropy-chat] Politics: Transhumanist Social System

Dirk Bruere dirk.bruere at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 12:47:23 UTC 2005

On 8/18/05, nvitamore at austin.rr.com <nvitamore at austin.rr.com> wrote:
> A transhumanist society needs to be decentralized, with a networked
> economy, and promotion of new social/cultural systems.*

Well, let's deconstruct that and look at what appears to be an
inherent assumption - namely that a 'transhumanist society' is
necessarily a globalist society. I believe that to be virtually
impossible in practice, and not even desirable in principle.

Crucially, a transhumanist society needs to be one that is not subject
to the laws of the Luddites, whether religious or politically
motivated. It is, in fact, a recipe for a *nation*.

Dirk