[extropy-chat] Re: Oxygenating the flame in threads

Harvey Newstrom mail at harveynewstrom.com
Fri Aug 26 23:31:44 UTC 2005

On Aug 26, 2005, at 4:14 AM, Brett Paatsch wrote:

> Someone else I though it
> was Hal or Harvey years ago posted that they
> were keeping stats and folders of individuals posters
> valuable posts and that someone or other had earned a haircut.

It wasn't me.  I have never done this or heard about it.

I have discussed a system that would let readers vote on whether a post
was good, bad, spam, off-topic, offensive, or whatever.  Then these
ratings would be available to others reading the list so they can skip
posts with poor ratings.

On the early Extropians chat list, we discussed a lot of ideas like
this to automate list functions.  I don't know of any that actually
materialized, unfortunately.

--
Harvey Newstrom <HarveyNewstrom.com>
CISSP CISA CISM CIFI NSA-IAM GSEC ISSAP ISSMP ISSPCS IBMCP