[extropy-chat] Oxygenating the flame in threads

Emlyn emlynoregan at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 01:12:35 UTC 2005

On 29/08/05, Brian Lee <brian_a_lee at hotmail.com> wrote:
> In order to create a reputation based list, you really need to set up a
> forum site a la slashdot/kur5hin/plastic/etc. This gives you
> karma/whuffie/whatever, filtering and all the stuff you're talking about. Of
> course then you lose the simplicity of email.
>
> BAL

I personally think that losing the simplicity of email is a problem,
having seen the history of the exi list, but I could be wrong. Do
other people think that would be a problem, or are we likely to use a
web based mechanism (web/email hybrid) if it is set up well enough?

--
Emlyn

http://emlynoregan.com   * blogs * music * software *