[extropy-chat] ping - please ignore

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Tue Aug 30 06:17:00 UTC 2005

It is not hard to have 24/7 email list.  Certainly no maintenance
that is standard last a day.  Out of band planned maintenance should
only happen on a system with a warning beforehand.  An unplanned
outage, especially of such long  of such long duration, calls for
some examination.   The last time this happened the list was MIA for
days.  That wasn't that long ago.  So while I hugely appreciate that
the list has been maintained for free by David McFadzean and give him
major kudos,  I think we should figure out how we can make the list
more dependable.

- samantha