[extropy-chat] FWD (SK) RFC: copy protection report

Terry W. Colvin fortean1 at mindspring.com
Thu Dec 1 05:20:37 UTC 2005

My boss (who is new to the company) has gotten it into his head that we

absolutely MUST have copy protection on our next software product. We make
extremely specialized test tools for development and QA engineers, not
games or graphics apps. In the entire history of our company, we have never
used copy protection, we've never seen any use for it.

Nonetheless, the new boss is not dissuaded. To that end, I've been ordered
to produce a report on all the available copy protection schemes and make a
recommendation on which one we should use.

I have written this

http://www.magicdave.com/private/browse/CopyProtection.pdf

and I invite any and all to critique/comment on it. I think I've reached a
correct conclusion, but I'd really like this to be bulletproof, my ass may
be riding on it. Feel free to pass it around. I have to present it next
Tuesday.

Dave Palmer

--
"Only a zit on the wart on the heinie of progress." Copyright 1992, Frank Rice

Terry W. Colvin, Sierra Vista, Arizona (USA) < fortean1 at mindspring.com >
     Alternate: < fortean1 at msn.com >
Home Page: < http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Stargate/8958/index.html >
Sites: * Fortean Times * Mystic's Haven * TLCB *
      U.S. Message Text Formatting (USMTF) Program