[extropy-chat] Stupid luddites oppose home cyclotrons...

Robert Bradbury robert.bradbury at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 18:28:03 UTC 2005

On 12/2/05, spike <spike66 at comcast.net> wrote:

> Robert could have easily gone crazy, taken those drives out of his bag
> and begun hurling them at fellow passengers...

I take it you are assuming I'm not already there...  Many offlist, including
several SeaTac police sitting around in the Starbucks Cafe at the airport
who were discussing how long it would be until they could retire (Ray K.
would presumably call them linear thinkers) would presumably think so.  I
casually pointed out to them that they couldn't project that far into the
future because everything they were basing their discussion on is going to
change (for better or worse) while holding up a copy of TSIN as evidence.

I wouldn't advise this as a general approach for educating people with
respect to some ideas that many on the list are comfortable with.

R.