[extropy-chat] baloney in the memetic superstructure

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Sun Dec 4 10:05:52 UTC 2005

On Dec 3, 2005, at 8:44 PM, Herb Martin wrote:

> LSD seems to be a catalyst to some reaction within the
> nervous system and my suspicion is that that substance
> which actually causes the reaction is "used up" and
> requires rebuilding to enable (again) the reaction.
> (I may have read that some thirty years ago somewhere.)

At the tail end of the sixties I took my Leary, Alpert, Huxley very
seriously.  I really got into acid for a few years.  From experience
I found that it was impossible to trip more often than once about
every three days.  At least a week between attempts was better.  I
never did find out just what was being depleted.  Whatever it was
seemed to be recovered faster with heavy doses of vitamins,
especially C.

- samantha