[extropy-chat] World map of human ES cell and nuclear transferpolicies.

Lifespan Pharma/Morris Johnson CTO megao at sasktel.net
Tue Dec 6 19:04:46 UTC 2005

That's where that open-sourcing concept might prove beneficial.
Collaborative GM +Collaborative marketing +Collaborative marketing
economics +multinational Collaborative Strategic Planning.

Linux is a good model to transfer to GM-Bio.

It might stimulate Coopetition that can end-run Stodgy old highly
structured monopolies.

Especially since the countries that are GM friendly are sort of the
wild-west of Patent enforcement, this linux-style
IP would actually be a step up in IP protection from what is already there.

The chem resistant crops part  was simply the first use of GM because it
was an extension or improvment
to traditional agriculture.  Once the transition to GM-bioproduct
Pharming truly gets going those roundup-resistant
modifications are going to look like "stone knives and bearskins", to
quote "captain Janeway from a  Star Trek -Vogager episode"

Let me tell you as a practicing farmer transitioning to Pharmer  I look
forward to this industry gaining new prominence as a supplier of diverse
bio-products to enhance every facet of human activity.
Farming is the last bastian of luddite clusterings.
If its any indication let me relate this:
A farmer education program was started here in our province this
summer.  It was to provide 6 million @18K/participant
in a 5 year program.  We are now 5 months into it and it is  be 300%
over budget with 1100 or the 10,000 farmers in Sask.
already subscribed to it.  I am using it to get my HACCP credentials and
am simply amazed that there are new signups
every day.  I think Agriculture is  is about to change more in the next
15 years than it has in the 10,000 years to date.
Combine this with the conversion of 10% of the arable land to
agroforestry over the next 20 years and I  think 20 years hence that Ag
2025 and Ag 2005 will compare with sumerian tablets VS the internet.

Morris Johnson