[extropy-chat] A New Ultra-Secret Government Agency

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 7 22:35:44 UTC 2005

Yes, Samantha. This is the scarier than the USA
PATRIOT act by far. I can't believe they would even
propose such a thing. This has got to be big pharm's
bid to supplant the military-industrial complex as the
power base of the U.S. economy.

--- Samantha Atkins <sjatkins at mac.com> wrote:

> An agency dealing in deadly materials that is exempt
> from all
> oversight?  Why?  Unaccountable government is a far
> worse threat than
> any real potential for bioterrorism.   The FOIA and
> other current
> oversight legislation already allows huge
> protections for supposedly
> sensitive information.  If this agency wants vastly
> more than that
> then that is a great red flag that dirty deeds are
> very likely if not
> already planned.   For instance, there have been
> incidents of
> government programs doing experiments on
> non-volunteer civilian
> populations in the past.  With oversight disabled
> completely those
> incidents and perhaps worse to come would never be
> known.
>
> - samantha

The Avantguardian
is
Stuart LaForge
alt email: stuart"AT"ucla.edu

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed. . ."

- Albert Einstein, "What I Believe" (1930)