[extropy-chat] Sense of purpose

Lifespan Pharma/Morris Johnson CTO megao at sasktel.net
Thu Dec 8 19:27:14 UTC 2005

Read a piece on the chinese space program aspirations.
It seems that countries that divert military resources towards
progressive mega-projects
should be a lesson to all those countries engaged in squandering
resources  in military and ideological
warlike activity.

Question: How can one unravel the deep history of national/tribal
agression  on a global scale?

I'm sure that a few  strategic planners might advocate the swords to
ploughshares
if there was a sense of a final goal that was equally as profitable as
cranking out
armaments and churning the military/industrial infrastructures.

Am I right to suppose that the military/industrial/ideological complex
sees peace as unprofitable
and thus something that should be propagandized  but never really want
to be cornered into
bring into fruition.

MFJ