[extropy-chat] against ID

Robert Bradbury robert.bradbury at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 19:55:18 UTC 2005

Probably depends upon how the hypertext link is encoded by either the email
<sender> or the receiving software you are using.  It may also depend upon
which browser the hypertext link is being sent to.  When in doubt, try to
look at the hypertext source (for the original), copy out the hypertext link
(e.g. the "http://Internet.Address/path/to/file.extension" and paste it into
your browser URL address box (and hit enter, the go button, or whatever
works...).

It may depend upon whether you are looking at the "text" or "hypertext"
version of the message -- some mail programs send only text, some send
hypertext, some send both and allow the mail reader to select that which is
preferred.

This is one reason I generally post the "raw" URL (link) path in my postings
rather than a copied hypertext link.  If you have an "intelligent" mail
reader it will recognize the URL syntax and turn it into a hyperlink so you
only have to click on it.

Robert