[extropy-chat] Qualia Bet

Brett Paatsch bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au
Thu Dec 8 22:47:25 UTC 2005

gts wrote:

> As young children, my friends and I knew exactly what colors
> were. I knew what my friends meant when they said things like,
> "Let me have that green crayon." Then we grew up and tripped
> over our brains. :)

Sets of childrens crayons, pencils, textas etc usually consist of
only 12 or 24 discrete colours from within the range of visible
light.

If, as an adult, you or someone close to you decides to paint a
room and you go to buy the paint you'll probably see a colour
chart with 24 or more different "greens" to choose from.

I remember high school physics when 5 was deemed the
wrong answer to 2.00 + 3.00 because 5 didn't account for
the significant figures.

Brett Paatsch