[extropy-chat] Science & Consciousness Review web site

Jef Allbright jef at jefallbright.net
Fri Dec 9 00:24:10 UTC 2005

On 12/8/05, Brett Paatsch <bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au> wrote:
> Jef Allbright wrote:
>
> > I've digitized over 500 books in my library, starting about three
> > years ago.
>
> Just with A4 scanners or did you pay for an A3 ?

Sorry, I don't understand the relevance of your question.  I've used a
variety of scanners, mostly limited to A4 or US Letter size.  The main
difference being the quality and performance of the sheet feeders, and
the cheapest ones are not worth the reliability problems or time
required.  When I started, three years ago, I paid $750 for an HP
flatbed with feeder and the feed wasn't reliable enough.  I quickly
gained access to another HP that was about $1500 at the time and it
did a good job.  I'm now sharing access to a Konika Minolta C350
scanner/copier that is much faster, more reliable, and does
double-sided in a single pass.

- Jef