[extropy-chat] GM Food [was: World map of human ES cellandnuclear transfer policies]

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Sat Dec 10 17:01:47 UTC 2005

Ja, but we can live perfectly healthfully on no meat.  We
can synthesize vitamins.

We will eventually use some of our farmland to grow
energy crops as one of several solutions to our energy
needs, with traditional oil, nuclear, wind, solar and
coal also being in the mix.  If a fraction of the humans
decide vegetarianism works for them, that frees up land
to be used to produce ethanol and biodiesel.  We can
compensate for energy crops by eating less meat.

spike