[extropy-chat] Putting another Yank on the barbie

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Mon Dec 12 18:14:56 UTC 2005

At 09:20 AM 12/12/2005 -0800, The Avantguardian wrote:

>I got the feeling that the Eloi were descended
>from liberals and the Morlocks from the conservatives.
>Did anyone else catch this or am I just bonkers?

You're just bonkers, sorry. The Eloi descended from effete aristocrats, the
Morlocks from the degenerated and brutalised working class.

>  Besides there is the problem of importing Americans in
>sufficent quantities to be an economically viable
>staple. We are notoriously difficult to round up and
>herd

Not at all. All you need to do is tell them that Al Quaeda has weapons of
mass destruction over there near the barbie, and they'll ship off thousands
of prime Americans in a heartbeat. (They'll find a contingent of equally
gullible Australians and Brits anxious to join them.)

Damien Broderick