[extropy-chat] Putting another Yank on the barbie

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 12 19:03:04 UTC 2005

--- Damien Broderick <thespike at satx.rr.com> wrote:

> You're just bonkers, sorry. The Eloi descended from
> effete aristocrats, the
> Morlocks from the degenerated and brutalised working
> class.

I don't know. I got the distinct feeling that the
Morlocks OWNED those underground factories. And the
Elois were obviously educated in public schools and
thus had no skills of any real worth.

> Not at all. All you need to do is tell them that Al
> Quaeda has weapons of
> mass destruction over there near the barbie, and
> they'll ship off thousands
> of prime Americans in a heartbeat. (They'll find a
> contingent of equally
> gullible Australians and Brits anxious to join
> them.)

This would only work if Halliburton got the contract
to refurbish the barbie from an old fashioned charcoal
burner to one that ran on fossil fuels. They would
also demand concession rights to run the grill and
then do so democratically by holding constant public
elections as to state of doneness, side dishes, and
condiments desired by the picnic goers until a near
unanimous consensus was reached.

The Avantguardian
is
Stuart LaForge
alt email: stuart"AT"ucla.edu

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed. . ."

- Albert Einstein, "What I Believe" (1930)