US not right to invade say Iraqis Re: [extropy-chat]letter concerning presidential growth

Jef Allbright jef at jefallbright.net
Fri Dec 16 02:25:50 UTC 2005

On 12/15/05, Brett Paatsch <bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au> wrote:
> Is it your view that the end justifies the means?

The end is the only thing that can properly justify the means.

The problem, as usual  ;-) is one of context.  We can never fully
anticipate the consequences of our actions, nor fully assess them
after the fact.

Therefore, the best we can do is evaluate within the broadest possible
context and act within the smallest effective context.

- Jef