[extropy-chat] Nuclear terraforming

Joseph Bloch transhumanist at goldenfuture.net
Fri Dec 16 03:02:41 UTC 2005

I'm pretty sure that wouldn't work.

The different between nuclear winter and greenhouse effect is a fine
line, and has to do with albedo and suchlike. You'd probably do much
better cooling Venus with a scheme to get rid of the cloud cover, so
more heat was radiated into space, rather than being reflected back to
the surface.

Such is my layman's understanding...

Joseph