[extropy-chat] The NeoCon Mind-Trick (was letter concerningpresidential growth)

Brent Neal brentn at freeshell.org
Fri Dec 16 12:02:12 UTC 2005

 (12/15/05 19:36) spike <spike66 at comcast.net> wrote:

>Probably most here have taken the SAT; does anyone wish to argue
>that the SAT is not a thinly disguised IQ test?

Yeah, I'll argue that one, being familiar with both.  The SAT does not test your cognitive ability, only the retention of certain core curricula.  The closest ETS has come to actually testing cognitive ability is the GRE Analytical section, which I understand they've done away with in recent years.

Brent Neal
Geek of all Trades
http://brentn.freeshell.org

"Specialization is for insects" -- Robert A. Heinlein