[extropy-chat] The NeoCon Mind-Trick (wasletterconcerningpresidential growth)

Alan Brooks albrooks2006 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 17 22:46:02 UTC 2005

Liberating Iraq is good, is great-- however the caveat is we don't know at all whether Iraqis will STAY free, that's my message.
   Again no one knows what will happen in Iraq or the region. No one. Don't write as if it is a done deal. We're asking residents of the region to move from feudalism to something more like the West, that is going to be touch & go, we will know reversals.
  BTW look what happened to the Soviets: they attempted to go from medevalism to the twentieth century in a few decades; so let's not make the same mistake with Iraq. Let's give it a long, long long time.

  >As to moral levels we must assume that anyone with
>the big picture you tout can see the good in freeing
>25,000,000 people from the murderous regime of Saddam

>Freeing 25,000,000 trumps pretty much any of your
>petty squabbling and attempts to re-write history.

nattering nabob of positivism since 1976
http://mail.yahoo.com