[extropy-chat] The NeoCon Mind-Trick (wasletterconcerningpresidential growth)

Brett Paatsch bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au
Sat Dec 17 23:52:31 UTC 2005

Damien Broderick wrote:

> At 08:42 AM 12/18/2005 +1100, Brett wrote:
>
>>Anyway this is a diversion but I needed to say it
>>Spike. I like you but I think the reason you can't
>>see the difference between Kerry and Bush is
>>that you are probably not smart enough.
>
> Not... very... likely... Brett, he said judiciously.
>
> You do realize that Spike is a dinkie-di** rocket scientist?

I assumed so. For Lochear if I recall correctly. I think Cheney is or was
one of the directors.

> You did notice his recent post where he amusingly mentioned in passing
> that his SAT scores were 1330 out of a possible 1600 -- which, according
> to a web site, is approximately the equivalent of an IQ of 140.

I noticed the post. I didn't translate it to an IQ of 140, it might be
I don't know and haven't checked.

> If it takes more intelligence than that to decide if there's a significant
> difference between Kerry and Bush, we're all fucked.

My point exactly. We're all fucked.

Well not quite, but the prognosis for democracy in nation states
is not good when voters of the intellect of Spike can't distinguish
between Kerry and Bush.

Bush is authorising spying on Americans without getting warrants
from the court.

> In other words,  political differences probably depend on factors other
> than raw intelligence.

Yes, of course.

>>Of course, someone might object and say but
>>hey Brett how do you know that it is you that
>>is the one that is not smart enough.
>
> Easily tested, Brett, what's your own IQ?

Honestly, I don't know. I've only been tested once. The score
was 160. I'm hard to test and I'm moody so all the tests
that are available popularly like tickle don't work.

>  Not that this is an overwhelmingly good measure of smartness, but it has
> a certain
> objectivity, better than trading insults.

I completely agree. I meant no insult to Spike.  I think Spike
is smart enough not to have taken insult.

> Damien Broderick
> **http://www.gigglepotz.com/auslang.htm

Regards,
Brett Paatsch