anarcho-capitalism was Re: [extropy-chat] The NeoCon Mind-Trick....

Brett Paatsch bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au
Sun Dec 18 02:29:09 UTC 2005

Rafal Smigrodzki wrote:

> Just to chime in - I also failed to see substantive differences
> between Kerry and Bush. To me both seem like the same statist garbage
> packaged in two differently colored wrappings.
>
> If I was really smart, I wouldn't have chimed in to begin with...

I'm glad you did Raf. I noted that you said you were an anarchocapitalist
and I checked out anarchocapitalist in wikipedia read the first paragraph
and concluded yep that could never work in practice.

>From WikiPedia

" Anarcho-capitalism is a philosophy based on the idea of individual
sovereignty, and a prohibition against initiatory coercion and fraud. It
sees the only just basis for law as arising from private property norms and
an unlimited right of contract between sovereign individuals. From this
basis, anarcho-capitalism rejects the state as an unjustified monopolist and
systematic aggressor against sovereign individuals, and embraces
anti-statist laissez-faire capitalism. Anarcho-capitalists would aim to
protect individual liberty and property by replacing a government monopoly,
which is involuntarily funded through taxation, with private, competing
businesses that use physical force only in defense of liberty and property
against aggressors. "

Is that what you are?

I'd rather hear what you are from you. In my opinion you clearly are
intelligent but I think you might be one of those politically naive types
like John and other generally smart folks that thinks smaller states are
actually achievable in a world containing the US nation state as a brute
fact.

It is clear to me that the only possible direction for government is
upward not downward urgo the question is what form that upward
sort should take. There is only one biosphere you see and externalities
are regarded by those that think in the limited terms of the national
interest of nation states as very serious (and potential threatening
to them) things.

Brett Paatsch