[extropy-chat] The NeoCon Mind-Trick (wasletterconcerningpresidential growth)

Brett Paatsch bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au
Sun Dec 18 03:46:01 UTC 2005

The Avantguardian wrote:

> --- Rafal Smigrodzki <rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Just to chime in - I also failed to see substantive
>> differences
>> between Kerry and Bush. To me both seem like the
>> same statist garbage
>> packaged in two differently colored wrappings.
>
> I agree with you and Spike. It really wasn't much of a
> choice. Just the illusion of one, which is how
> democracies are manipulated these days.

No Stu, in my opinion, that's too much conspiracy theory,
so is Jeff Davis's views. Things haven't gotten quite to that
stage yet. There is a lot more keystone cops stuff going
on.

I don't want to waste time praising Kerry, people might
mistake me for a Democrat hack, but his position was
different to Bush's.

> The primaries serve to weed out all the candidates that
> the elite don't approve of until you get two "safe" candidates
> that will serve their masters well.

Stu, this looks like speculation on your part. Can you show
real evidence for it?  I think both you and Jeff Davis are
going too far into speculative conspiracy-theory, I think you
are both overestimating how much individuals of high
personal wealth can influence things, at present, but I could
be wrong, and I am certain that the direction we are headed
is in the direction you and Jeff fear.

And that is not a good direction even for the high wealth
individuals. They lose if they go that direction.

> So you end up with
> a Yalee Bonesman hawk marketed as wine drinker running
> against a Yalee Bonesman chickenhawk marketed as a
> beer drinker. That the stock portfolios of their
> respective masters do not completely overlap will make
> little difference to the average American. Although I
> could see how foreigners might think they have a stake
> in it.
>
> After all the President can't authorize the use
> of cruise missiles against Americans . . . or can he?

Not legally, no. Not to my knowledge but accidents
happen and the general trend is not good.

As the absurd unwinnable war on terror fiasco drags
on and real people with real grievances decide to act
violently and with no more respect for the rule of law
than was shown them you will see increasing desperation
from governments who are perhaps only now beginning
to understand what they have unleashed.

Brett Paatsch