[extropy-chat] Singularitarian verses singularity

Giu1i0 Pri5c0 pgptag at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 08:35:33 UTC 2005

Given definitions like "the S is accelerated exponential growth
becoming vertical, with more change in seconds than now in years,
change triggering new change, and no prediction is possible from
here", clearly S is a family of possible scenarios. At the same time I
am not persuaded that a S will happen.
You can be an activist for something that apparently hasn't happened
yet - last time I looked there was no peace on earth, this does not
mean that one should not try. Rather, the problem with S-ism is that
the S is not defined in sufficient detail. Saying "I want things to
change" is not enough imo to motivate activism, one is supposed to say
something about *what* change she wants to see.
G.