[extropy-chat] new mersenne prime?

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Thu Dec 22 20:10:13 UTC 2005

Really?  Cool!  :-)

Yeah, I figured it would be nearly impossible.  I need to do some
reading on precisely why it is easier to prove Mersenne primes.  A
refresh on modular arithmetic would be helpful.

On the number of digits in your new candidate shouldn't
floor( e * log(2, 10)) + 1
where e is your exponent give it to you?

- samantha