[extropy-chat] Politics

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Fri Dec 23 21:23:28 UTC 2005

bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Russell Wallace

... But yeah, I'm sure you all don't want to read a flame war between me and
Brett, so I'm just killfiling the guy for the moment...- Russell

OK cool, thanks Russell, an admirable course of
action is this.  I figure thus: governments
have guys who make policy, elected they are.  Governments
have guys who sell those policies abroad, diplomats
are these.  Like Yoda talking I am.  No one
here is an elected official, that I know of.  If
one is trying to sell a government policy here, conduct
yourself like a diplomat you must.

For the moment political discussion is OK here, so
let us allow it to continue until world
war 4 breaks out.  Play the board, not the man, let
your trigger finger be quicker on the delete key
than on the reply button.  Thanks to all who have
realized that no one needs to defend their country
or their government here, and to those who have managed
to avoid escalating meaningless battles.

spike

the reluctant bouncer I am  {8^D