[extropy-chat] Impeachment of President Bush What odds am I offered?

Amara Graps Amara.Graps at ifsi.rm.cnr.it
Sat Dec 24 23:34:04 UTC 2005

A collection of URLs related to NSA's wiretapping.

In this Op-Ed piece, a lawyer discusses the wiretapping case:

--------

http://jurist.law.pitt.edu/forumy/2005/12/not-authorized-by-law-domestic-spying.php

"Not Authorized By Law: Domestic Spying and Congressional Consent"

JURIST Guest Columnist Jordan Paust of the University of Houston Law
Center says that contrary to assertions by President Bush and the US
Department of Justice, post-9/11 Congressional legislation on the use of
military force against terrorists does not authorize domestic spying...

--------

When US District Judge James Robertson is able (I hope) to state in
detail his reasons for resigning from the Foreign Intelligence
Surveillance Court:

http://jurist.law.pitt.edu/paperchase/2005/12/fisc-judge-resigns-in-protest-over-nsa.php

we'll know something more of why he says that the secret domestic
surveillance program "is legally questionable and could have tainted the
work of the FISC" .

Here is an article on the quantity of data being checked:
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/12/24/politics/24spy.html?ex=1293080400&en=
016edb46b79bde83&ei=5090&partner=boingboing&emc=rss

Here is a way to check if your email is being checked by the government
(but don't plan to fly again on an American plane without being
thoroughly checked by the TSA)

http://www.computerbytesman.com/privacy/emailsnooping.htm

Amara