[extropy-chat] why do the senegalese get along?

Jef Allbright jef at jefallbright.net
Sun Dec 25 20:43:17 UTC 2005

On 12/24/05, spike <spike66 at comcast.net> wrote:

> Can anyone here offer an explanation for this?

> If this story is true, how to we cause it to spread?

I don't know much of Senagalese history or politics, nor do I assign a
high priority to learning it at this time, but I can contribute some
thinking on the spread of tolerance.

In general, intolerance is the result of "moral" decision-making
within too small a context.  The world will become increasingly
tolerant of individual and cultural diversity, while becoming less
tolerant of those individuals and groups which violate principles of
mutual growth,  as we become increasingly aware of the bigger picture
via increasing access to information.

We can cause it to spread most effectively by developing and promoting
the tools.  The understanding will follow.

- Jef