[extropy-chat] TECH: Message Filtering

Brian Atkins brian at posthuman.com
Tue Dec 27 23:44:04 UTC 2005

The spam filter I use called Popfile allows you to create as many "buckets" as
you want and train it using Bayesian methods to filter email into different
buckets. It works very well. With enough training I suspect it could quite
easily filter posts and posters here that I (or you, if you install Popfile)
find interesting into one bucket and everything else into another bucket that
I'll occasionally peruse just to keep it trained well. I think I'm getting to
the point of doing that actually...

Popfile is a free mail proxying program that will work with any mail client that
is capable of filtering based on specific header lines.

<http://popfile.sf.net/>
--
Brian Atkins
http://www.singinst.org/