[extropy-chat] Bloodless Redistribution ofWealth(wasSingulartarians)

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Thu Dec 29 02:39:31 UTC 2005

Yes, but contrarily, many of the bills would be
taken out of circulation by collectors, much the way
philatelists take some postage into private collections.  This
would work as the equivalent of free money to the fed, much the
same as having the state quarters end up in private collections
instead of in circulation.  Assuming the fed continued to
control the amount of paper money being printed, it should
not destabilize the currency.

The fed could agree to not print any more than a
certain amount of a particular vanity currency, which
might further increase its value to a collector, and
possibly serve as a tool against counterfeiters.  This
is a great idea by the avantguardian.  I find particularly
appealing the notion of greedy vain capitalists charging to
the rescue of the poor and needy, even if not out of
entirely pure motives.