[extropy-chat] Call for Artists for WTA Online Gallery

Hughes, James J. james.hughes at trincoll.edu
Wed Dec 28 21:08:55 UTC 2005

> Why have the theme about dystopia and utopia for a
> first exhibition?  These terms are outdated and been
> kicked around in the art world for a long time.

One of the six programs of the WTA (and IEET) is "Visions of Utopia and
Dystopia":

"The most common objections to a transhuman future come from science
fiction, from Frankenstein to Brave New World. Through the Visions of
Utopia and Dystopia program we seek to collect images of posthumanity
and non-human intelligence, positive, negative and neutral, and engage
culture critics, artists, writers, and filmmakers in exploring the
lessons to be derived from these cultural expressions."

http://transhumanism.org/index.php/WTA/visions/

This is one initiative within that program of work.

My wife, also an artist, is also always complaining that something she's
seen has been done to death. But there are always audiences that haven't
seen/heard/discussed the topic, and new things to say about a topic.

Hope you'll consider submitting something.

James Hughes Ph.D.
Executive Director
World Transhumanist Assoc.   Inst. for Ethics & Emerging Tech.
http://transhumanism.org     http://ieet.org
director at transhumanism.org   director at ieet.org
Editor, Journal of Evolution and Technology
http://jetpress.org

Mailing Address: Box 128, Willington CT 06279 USA
(office) 860-297-2376