[extropy-chat] Qualia Bet

gts gts_2000 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 29 17:21:35 UTC 2005

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 03:20:41 -0500, Marc Geddes <marc.geddes at gmail.com>
wrote:

> As regards the idea that colors may be primary qualities of objects, no
> offense,  but I think you're making a very basic mistake, the sort of
> mistake a young child makes or pre-scientific man.

Ouch! But actually the idea is not just mine. See
http://www.calstatela.edu/faculty/nthomas/col-real.htm

I think it makes sense it consider the obvious, intuitive answers first.
It may be that what we tend to think is true is close to what is actually
true. I like G.E. Moore for this reason also.

I could say "No offense, but your idea of '7-aspect neutral monism' is
about the most convoluted idea I've ever heard of." (but I won't) :-)

I don't think anyone really knows the truth about this subject.

More later...

-gts