[extropy-chat] Bloodless Redistribution of Wealth

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 29 17:56:13 UTC 2005

--- Jack Parkinson <isthatyoujack at icqmail.com> wrote:

> A better appeal to the vanity of the ultra-rich
> might be some grand, highly
> public altruistic gesture which will be forever
> recounted as legend by the
> press.

If the ultra-rich could reliably be called upon to
perform these grand gestures without having NDEs then
the world would not be such a mess and we wouldn't be
having this discussion.

> If you want to separate the ultra-rich from their
> money - there really is
> nothing like enabling the warm fuzzy feeling of
> universal recognition of a
> great guy...

I agree. And this is what my idea is all about.
Enabling that warm fuzzy feeling that you have won the
game of life and now you are leveling the playing
field for the next generation of humanity.

The Avantguardian
is
Stuart LaForge
alt email: stuart"AT"ucla.edu

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed. . ."

- Albert Einstein, "What I Believe" (1930)