[extropy-chat] the structure of randomness

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 30 18:34:53 UTC 2005

--- Damien Broderick <thespike at satx.rr.com> wrote:

http://www.21stcenturysciencetech.com/articles/time.html

> It appears to show some surprising regularities
> within or atop various
> stochastic structures, correlating with, for
> example, sidereal rather than
> terrestrial/solar time. A possible connection
> between global and quantal
> scales?

Very interesting, Damien. No endorsement is needed.
The paper gives no theories or explanations to refute.
Just observations and data from many many experiments.
To an empiricist, data speaks the truth. There is
something, not yet understood, underlying these
anomalies in randomness. Just because the scientist is
a Russian is no reason to assume he would falsify
hundreds of experiments to support no theory at all.

The Avantguardian
is
Stuart LaForge
alt email: stuart"AT"ucla.edu

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed. . ."

- Albert Einstein, "What I Believe" (1930)