[extropy-chat] the structure of randomness

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 30 19:19:58 UTC 2005

--- gts <gts_2000 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'm not sure their home-brewed algorithm would have
> any value if the
> compared distributions were not truly abnormal in
> the first place. Looks
> can be deceiving, and the distributions do look
> roughly bell-shaped.

They do look roughly bell-shaped. It is a shame that
the raw data points are not available for analysis. I
wish he would have at least listed the means and
standard deviations. Then you could print the curves,
cut out the histograms, cut them into pieces along the
standard deviations and weigh them to see if 2/3 of
the mass were within the central piece. Alas this
experiment ought to repeated. It would be great to do
four sets of experiments over the course of a year
spaced at equal intervals. Then plot the results
relative to the CMB anistropy. Maybe it is some kind
of relativistic phenomenon related to the solar
system's transit through space.

The Avantguardian
is
Stuart LaForge
alt email: stuart"AT"ucla.edu

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed. . ."

- Albert Einstein, "What I Believe" (1930)