[extropy-chat] Politics: worthwhile commentary

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Sat Dec 31 03:18:45 UTC 2005

> --- Robert Bradbury <robert.bradbury at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I would view any "political" commentary which does
> not include Friedman's perspective as incompletely
> informed.
>
>            *******************************
>
> I'm sorry, Robert, but with respect, I strenuously
> disagree... Best, Jeff Davis

This is a bit of intellectual laziness on my part.  In
deciding which political comlumnist in which to invest
time, one may take a shortcut by looking at which
ExI posters like the columnist and which do not.  Since I
have been reading ExI posts for years, I can make
a rough judgment on its value.  Two of the posters
I hold in high esteem disagree.  Robert Bradbury likes
Friedman, Jeff Davis apparently dislikes.

Others please, who are familiar with Thomas Friedman: like
or dislike?

http://www.nytimes.com/top/opinion/editorialsandoped/oped/columnists/thomasl
friedman/

Victor Davis Hanson, like or dislike?

http://victorhanson.com/articles/index.html

Other online-available columnists?

Samantha, Rafal, Damien, David Lubkin, Jef, gts, some of you
others who sometimes post politically oriented material, who
are your favorite columnists?