[extropy-chat] Last Call for 2005 Gifts - Double Your Gift by Midnight Tonight

Tyler Emerson emerson at singinst.org
Sat Dec 31 20:17:17 UTC 2005

LAST CALL FOR 2005 GIFTS - $53,000 REMAINING IN THE 2006 CHALLENGE

The deadline for a 2005 tax deduction in the U.S. or Canada is *tonight* at
midnight. Every single dollar you give to the Challenge will be matched.

Again: Your sheer act of giving matters more than the extent of your gift.
The Singularity Institute grows only as far as our public support allows.

WAYS TO CONTRIBUTE

 * Online: http://www.singularitychallenge.com
 * Phone: 866.667.2524
 * Mail: Checks postmarked by February 19, 2006 will be matched.
 * Wire Transfer: Call us for wire transfer instructions.
 * Stock: We greatly welcome gifts of stock, bonds, or mutual funds that
   have appreciated in value. You will get a tax deduction for the full
   market value (deductible up to 30% of your Adjusted Gross Income),
   and will avoid paying a capital gains tax on the appreciation.

I hope our Institute is worthy of having your name added below as a donor.

2006 CHALLENGE DONORS

I can never express enough gratitude for the ongoing support of Edwin
Evans, Jason Joachim, and Mikko Rauhala. Edwin is the first $15,000
Visionary Humanitarian - pledging each year for three years. Jason and
Mikko have done the same as the first two $5,000 Research Benefactors.

I am especially grateful for Ray Kurzweil's $10,000 Challenge contribution.
Ray has done more than anyone this year to escalate Singularity dialogue.

Our full list of Challenge donors is below. They have all shown they share
our Institute's most basic belief: that furthering beneficial AI, and
lowering the prospect of existential risks, are ends of immeasurable worth.

SI COUNCIL FOUNDING DONORS - $1,000 COMMUNITY PATRONS

Mitchell Howe, Sergio Martinez, Oliver Ratzesberger, Aleksei Riikonen,
Christian Rovner, and Robert Wellman.

MONTHLY DONORS

Trevor Cappallo, Frederick Cheeseman, Nader Chehab, Jean-Marie
Common, Shawn Hack, Joey Katz, Matthew Malament, Robin Lee
Powell, Ashley Thomas, Leon Tranter, Jon Weston, and Gary York.

ONE-TIME DONORS

Michael Baj, Cathy Berwaldt, Durant Schoon, Lari Etelaniemi, Emil
Gilliam, Nick Hay, David Kristoffersson, Noam Lenz, Jesse Merriman,
Jani Moliis, Trent Nadeau, Alfio T. Puglisi, Brian Rich, Brian Sandberg,
Stephen Scothern, Craig O'Shannessy, Shuka Smith, Ben Spencer,
Gregory Tippett, Michael Wilson, Ken Wolfe, and Gordon Worley.

With best wishes in the New Year,

~~
Tyler Emerson | Executive Director
The Singularity Institute for Artificial Intelligence
Box 50182 | Palo Alto, CA 94303 | T-F: 866.667.2524
emerson at singinst.org | http://www.singinst.org