[extropy-chat] HACCP for Humans: Aubrey de Grey on 60 Minutes Sunday, January 1st

Lifespan Pharma/Morris Johnson CTO megao at sasktel.net
Sat Dec 31 18:07:23 UTC 2005

I'm looking forward to seeing the below noted "60Minutes" item   and
further  formulating what I am describing as "HACCP for humans".
HACCP (Hazard Avoidance at Critical Control Points)  is a well developed
QA (Quality Assurance)
procedure applied to  everything from food  and drug manufacturing to
Financial Accounting Practices  which ought to
be applied to the task of proactive management of the maintenance and
real-time upgrading of the most valuable " processing plant" we know
of,  the human body.

The 7 steps to implement HACCP are:
1-Identification of the hazardsassessment of internal risks.
2-Determination of the Critical Control Points (CCPs)
3-Determination/Specification of the Critical limits for the CCPs
4-Establishment of procedures to monitor the CCPs
5-Establishment of corrective actions when the CCPs are exceeded
6-Establisment of a system of effective documentation
7-Establishment of procedures to verify the HACCP plan is working.

This could be a lucrative new field for those who want to work in an an
interdisciplinary environment bridging
Rx medicine, kinesiology, nutrition, dietetics, pharmacy, political
science, bioethics, economics, biomechanical, to name a few.
A chart describing the inter-related nature of these and other fields
would be a useful tool to describe this emerging  field.
One could describe this as a "singularity or field  of strategic
convergence"  for  pure and applied sciences of a reactive and proactive
nature.

http://www.pharmtech.com/pharmtech/
http://www.pharmtech.com/pharmtech/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=261882
This article on pgs 44-52 0f the Dec 2005 issue documents the rewards to
those who undertake this field-QA.
PS- when I mentioned the 60-120K USD salary for QA at the GMP
Agwestbio-PharmEng course Nov.01, at Saskatoon  this is what I was
referring to.  Also of note is an a recruitment add on pgs 54-55 from
Bristol-Myers Squibb...
The header is "extending and enhancing human life".

The foundling extropian, transhuman and posthuman futurist think tanks
have considered creating businesses
centered on corporate consulting for enhancing executive performance,
with future broad based consumer applications.
Perhaps this is a viable point for theory to meet with practical
application.