[extropy-chat] A brief transhuman life, anyone?

Diego Caleiro diegocaleiro at terra.com.br
Mon Feb 7 08:53:08 UTC 2005

I wouldn't.

First, because I'm too young, and for me, amount is still more important than
quality. Second, because I'm luckily one of the happiest person I have know
of, and surely, the happiest I know personaly.

The great nihislitic point here is that I do not think that almos anithing is
worse than shortening my life. I would trade 40 years as a paraplegic for 20
years of a normal human life, but only because I would be aware of everithing
I cannot do. This is not the case if I choose to be human instead of
posthuman.

My happiness stands, mainly, in my rewarding search for knowledge and my
friendly relashions with people. The amount of data you have given to me is
not sufficient to know if my friends will be there with me if I chose
transhuman, and much probably I would not be a useful thinker, as there would
be machines so faster and smarter than me.

Here, I'm useful, and the world is useful to me, this fulfils my personal
emotional needs, and, although I beleive that there it would also happen, I
prefer to have 1 the guarantee 2 the amount of available time,  provided by
my normal life.

Passionate

Diego (Log At)