[extropy-chat] Re: The Force of Human Freedom

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Mon Feb 7 12:18:38 UTC 2005

On Sat, Feb 05, 2005 at 06:01:35PM -0800, Samantha Atkins wrote:

> Precisely why are you being rather uncharacteristically and seemingly
> childishly snide?  In my opinion whether we see the world as so

I'm frustrated. It's easy enough to tell.

> polarized that we largely subvert extropian goals is one of the most
> important things we could talk about here.

The U.S. is not the world, and I've elsewhere (repeatedly) noticed that
allowing tagespolitik to creep in is a surefire recipe to let the
list (any list, unless it's dedicated to trivia) go to the dogs.

If I choose to focus primarily on technology it's not because
politics is irrelevant, but because politics poisons the pool.

Maybe it's time for an exi-politics@ (which I won't subscribe to).