[extropy-chat] FWD (Got Caliche?) A Progressive 12-step Program

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Tue Feb 8 05:05:46 UTC 2005

> ... Adrian Tymes
> Subject: ... A Progressive 12-step Program
>
> --- "Terry W. Colvin" <fortean1 at mindspring.com> wrote:
> > < http://www.alternet.org/story/21181/ >
>
> Best line in this article, IMO:
>
> > Democratic presidential candidates lost in the last
> > couple of elections because the public didn't know
> > who they were; they made the mistake of running as
> > "Republican Lite."
>
> I know quite a few people who voted for Bush only -
> _only_, mind you - because they were afraid Kerry
> would be the same as Bush only worse...

Jeez, I was hoping someone would say that.  I
wonder if I am the only person who couldn't
tell the difference between those two guys.  I often thought
all that senator guy would have needed to win was to
differentiate himself, in some meaningful way, from the
incumbent.  I even listened to all the debates, still couldn't
tell them apart, other than one was taller.  It was a rerun
of 2000.