[extropy-chat] Bill Moyers' Comments - Debunked

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Wed Feb 9 10:51:58 UTC 2005

On Wed, Feb 09, 2005 at 01:43:25AM -0800, Samantha Atkins wrote:

> Are you sure this is what we voted for?  Are you vetting the last

Yes. Nobody contested the vote. It look as if a small majority (i.e. trees
and shrubs voting vor Bush) voted for this administration. No secession, no
armed uprise, no emigration. Yep, you voted for them.

> election?  Do any people really deserve destruction at the hands of
> their supposed servants?   Do those within and without the US who did

Is that a rhetorical question? If no, I see exactly zero unrest, and people
marching on the streets. Yes, you have the government you deserve.

> not vote for this also deserve whatever hell it turns out to be?

I think at this stage of the game it is obvious that the only countries that
are safe are those with credible deterrence potential.

Unfortunately, the EU is too slow to realize that, and start investing in a
nuclear umbrella (teaming up with Russia would seem like a good idea), as
well as the ability to protect its assets in orbit and/or be able to
terminate enemy assets.