[extropy-chat] 'History' and the fulcrum of 1945

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 10 04:23:13 UTC 2005

--- Keith Henson <hkhenson at rogers.com> wrote:

> At 03:53 PM 09/02/05 +0100, Eugen Leitl wrote:
>
>  >Grim indeed, but it's also our past. As long as we have an
> operating system
>  >for societies which contains our neolithic firmware, we're safe.
> Problems
>  >being when it breaks down, and we fall back to feral mode.
>
> You are going to have to tell me what you mean by such terms as
> "firmware" and "neolithic."
>
> The standard measure of neolithic starts about 8000 BC.  That's not
> nearly enough time to have induced changes in the genetic based
> psychological traits if that's what you call "firmware." Everything
> since farming is cultural, software.

Not necessarily, Keith. The tendency of ethnic groups to certain blood
types, combined with evidence that certain blood types prefer certain
types of farming-related diet, as well as ethnic specific genetic
diseases, indicates that there has been some divergence since farming
showed up, particularly as different plants and animals were
domesticated in different areas.

=====
Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)