META: Re: [extropy-chat] Reccommendations for a mailing list

kevinfreels.com kevin at kevinfreels.com
Thu Feb 10 04:38:59 UTC 2005

Science and technology? What about religion and philosophy? Where do the
social sciences fit in?
I don't think there is a problem with the content of the list. I have
noticed that people, including myself, have become quite lazy with subject
lines lately though. I am as much part of the problem as anyone, but I am
going to get back on track. Maybe I can set an example for others to follow.
If we could get back to labeling such as POLITICS: RELIGION: NANO: etc,
things would be better for all. Maybe we could all agree on a pre-arranged
set of subjects and have them posted to the rules. That way we don;t get
POL, POLI, POLITICS and POLITICAL coming from various people. Here are a few
I would like to see:
POLI SCI
EVOL
TECH
NANO
MED
BIO
PHIL
LAW

Of course, most topics will fit into several catagories and most won;t fit
into any one neatly, but the current rantings definitely wouldn;t turn up
under tech. nano, bio, or med.