[extropy-chat] people being people

Greg Burch gregburch at gregburch.net
Fri Feb 11 01:09:45 UTC 2005

That was a sad episode, indeed.  If any college should have been a recruiting ground for would-be extropians, it should have been MIT in the late 90's.  But unfortunately those guys and their pamphlet burned that possibility for a couple of generations.

P.J. O'Rourke once described a bad public policy strategy (I forget what it was) as "like giving liquor and car keys to teenage boys."  I'm afraid the brief, bad history of the so-called "MIT Extropians" is a good example of the same trope...

GB