[extropy-chat] Reccommendations for a mailing list

Natasha Vita-More natasha at natasha.cc
Fri Feb 11 12:46:59 UTC 2005

The list is not dead.  That's like saying art is dead, which was a very
poor forecast.

I would like to see a extropy-chat-politics list.  I'd also like to see
transhumanists discussing world future issues and politics away from the
standard libertarian and social democrat soap-boxes.

About the WTA main list -- it goes through all sorts of problems, just like
all lists.  That list has political bonkers, stale days and vivid
days.  Just yesterday there were political postings on the main list, not
the political list, and an argument, right?

On this list, I'd like to see ideas developed, discussed and debated.  Now,
with all that said, does anyone have a topic that will enrich our thinking
and understanding of how the heck we are going to realize our extropic future?

Thanks,
Natasha

At 04:34 AM 2/11/2005, you wrote:
>On Thu, Feb 10, 2005 at 10:24:27PM -0500, Joseph Bloch wrote:
>
> > Then again, over in the WTA, we see the majority hostile to the party in
>
>Over at the WTA there's a wta-politics@, and a rather firm policy to move
>polarizing, unconstructive, toxic, moronic drivel there. And to KEEP IT
>THERE.
>
>I see there's no firm support for the motion (to establish an
>extropy-politics@, and list snipers to enforce thread outsorcing, to spell it
>out).
>
>Which effectively means this list is dead, on the long run.
>
>It's on life support right now, but the decline has been so slow and steady
>that you all think this is normal. This how lists ought to be, right?
>
>Right?
>
> > power in the U.S. to the point where they won't even work with
> > Republicans on issues where they share common ground, simply on the
> > basis that they're Republicans and must therefore be the embodiment of
> > evil by virtue of having voted for George Bush. Yeah, THAT'S practical.
> >
> > The libertarians are going comatose, the liberals are going into denial.
> > Where's a poor realist-- I want the Posthuman Future to HAPPEN, DAMNIT,
> > and I don't care how it does!-- supposed to go?
>
>We all have to shit. But don't shit where you eat. I can't put it any plainer
>than that.
>
>--
>Eugen* Leitl <a href="http://leitl.org">leitl</a>

Natasha Vita-More